With Animana you are able to create a portal where your clients can log in and view information such as attachments and their herd file. This is a handy tool for livestock veterinarians that are required to provide medical information and need to keep a logbook. This article will explain how to create a client portal for a client.
Before you start
- The Client Portal can only be activated by the Animana Customer Support team. Please contact them first with the request to activate the Client Portal module.
- Before associating a portal with a client, ensure the portal has been correctly set up.
- Two emails need to be created, without which, you cannot proceed. These emails will be used to inform your client of their portal information:
- One email should be a welcome message providing the portal login details.
- The second email is used when a client needs to reset her/his password.
- Note that the client portal will only display information from herd and equine files, not from the regular patient files.
- First, browse to a client and open the Clientdata tab:
- Now click on the Client Portal tab:
- Now select which email you want to send to your client making him aware that his account has been activated:
Note that this email needs to be created in the Content Designer before creating the account!
- Click on Edit Account:
- Change the language to English and click Save:
- The portal is now activated for your client and they have been informed via email.
More about this
I’m receiving an error message when adding a client to the portal
Before adding the client portal to a client, please note that the client needs to have a valid email address. If an email address is not present on the “Clientdata” tab, the portal will not be created and Animana will display an error message.
Resetting the password for my client
- Browse to the “Client Portal” tab for the appropriate client.
- Click Reset Password:
- Select the email that you have created in the Content Designer, that contains the relevant info for this user. In this example an email has been written containing the password information: