This article explains how you can create an appointment in the diary.
Before you start
Make sure that your appointment columns, appointment types and appointment groups have been customised in your account before continuing. See the Related articles section for more information related to this topic.
- Click on the -icon in the navigation bar to access the diary.
- By default, you will be led to the diary of the location you are currently logged into. If you want to create an appointment for a different location / appointment group (tab), click on the relevant tab first.
By default, today’s diary will be shown. If you want to create an appointment for a different day, select that day in the calendar on the left-hand side.
- Click on a time slot in the diary to add an appointment.
- A pop-up will appear for entering details of the appointment:
- Link the appropriate client to the appointment by typing the surname of the client in the «client» field. As soon as you have entered three characters, Animana will show a dropdown with matching names to pick from. Click on the correct client to link it.
In this example, we want to add an appointment for Mr. Grantham:
- Once you have successfully linked a client, you will notice a patient field will appear where you can link a patient to the appointment. Click on the field to open the dropdown and select the correct patient.
- The «appointment column» will show the current column in the diary where you are scheduling this appointment. If changes are needed, click on it to open the dropdown and select the correct appointment column.
- The «date» field will be populated with the date you selected in the diary.
To change the date either type the new date in the correct format (DD-MM-YYYY), or click on the -icon to bring up the datepicker.
- A «type» of an appointment can be assigned. You can change the appointment type by clicking on it to open the dropdown and select the correct type.
Appointment types have defined descriptions and durations, and can be colour coded. They can be defined in > General Settings > Appointment Types.
- The «time» field will be populated with the time you originally clicked on in the diary. If you want to change it, simply click on the time to select a different one.
- The appointment «duration» field is pre-populated with the duration as defined for the appointment type you have selected. You can manually adjust the duration by entering a new value.
- If you are making an appointment on behalf of another employee, you can assign the appointment to them by entering their name. As soon as you enter one character, Animana will show you a dropdown with matches for you to pick from. Select the colleague you want to assign.
- By default, you will be automatically added as the creator of the appointment in the field «by». In case you want to change the information, click on the X behind your name and enter a different user.
- You can add a simple memo or text comment to the appointment in the «memo» field.
- Click Save.
You will return to the diary and your appointment will have been added.
More about this
How can I make a recurring appointment?
By default, an appointment is set as an unique event. If you would like to create a recurring appointment, proceed as follows.
- Create an appointment as described above.
- Click on the dropdown behind the date field. By default, it says «no repeat».
- Selecting a repeat pattern shows the advanced repeat options.
- Set the date when you want the recurring appointment to end.
- You can define which days the appointment repeats on by ticking the relevant boxes.For example, if a patient has a bi-weekly vaccination on Monday and Thursday for 6 weeks, the end date should be 6 weeks later and the boxes «mo» and «th» need to be selected.
How can I change the status from the appointment pop up?
The status of the client can be selected from a pre-set list including open, present, in progress, invoicing, done, and no show. Each state has its own colour, visible in the calendar to others. If you want to change a status, click on the appointment to open the appointment pop up.
- Click on the dropdown behind «status».
- Select the correct status.
- Click Save.
How can I add an appointment from the client/patient file?
- Go to the client/patient file.
- Click on the Appointment button.
- This will create an appointment pop up pre-populated with the client details and the patient details (if opened via the patient file).
- Complete the form as explained above.Note: If you create the appointment this way, the current date and time is automatically added.
- Click Save.