For whatever reason, you may need to find a client with the Animana client ID as the only information at your disposal. Because the client ID field is not visible in Animana you cannot search for it directly. This article explains how to find a contact in Animana when you only have an Animana client ID.
Before you start
- Go to > Export.
- Click the first listed item: Export Contacts.
- You will see a preview of the export. At the bottom, click Csv.
- Your export will be downloaded to your local computer. Open the Downloads folder on your computer and open the file (open in Excel if prompted).
- The first column in the Excel file will show the client ID.
- While in Excel, click CTRL+F on your keyboard to open the Find and Replace search box.
Alternatively, you can click Find and Select in the top menu in Excel and select Find… from the drop-down.
- Enter the client ID in the Excel search field “Find what”.
- Click Find Next.
- Assuming the client ID you entered is in the file, that field in the column “clientid” will be highlighed. On that same row, you will find the surname of the client belonging to your client ID in column H.
- Go back to Animana and search for the client using the surname you identified in the previous step.