Before you start
1. PDF Settings
First Acrobat Reader needs to be the default program that opens PDF files on the computer.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- On the menu, click Edit:
- Go to Preferences…
- Click General:
- Click Select as Default PDF Handler at the bottom of this window:
- If a pop-up occurs regarding User Account Control, make sure to click Yes.
- Now close Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2. Computer settings
The next section will help to install a file called SilentPrint.js which is needed to enhance the printing experience.
Are you updating the settings on a Windows or a Mac computer? Make a selection below:
3. Chrome Settings
- Open Google Chrome
- Click the three dots in the right top corner:
- Click Settings.
- Type PDF in the search bar.
- Click Site settings:
- Scroll down and expand Additional content settings:
Click PDF Documents:
- Ensure it is set to “Download PDFs”.
For the next steps we we will ensure that Google Chrome will open up Acrobat Reader as the default PDF viewer. For these steps you are required to log in to Animana.
- Now open a client or patient file and try to download a PDF file by clicking on view pdf icon:
A download will start and will appear at the bottom of the browser. Click the arrow and click Always open with system viewer or alternatively it shows Always open with Adobe Reader: