Adding a new transaction via the Balance Cash/Bank page is mostly used when money needs to be added to bank accounts. This article explains how to add transactions to a ledger.
Before you start
- This article is part of a larger track which explains how to use the Balance Cash/Bank page. If you want to learn more, start here.
- Always make sure to choose the book year you want to make the payment for:
- Browse to > Financial > Balance Cash/Bank.
- Decide to which bank book you want to add the transaction to, then click Add New Transaction
- On the next page you can filter the entries:
…or you can start a keyword search at the top left corner:
- Invoice payments need to be registered, so click on the corresponding invoice. The amount that needs to be added will be entered automatically on the right-hand side. Always double-check the amount paid and the amount that Animana shows in the amount field. Click Save for this transaction to be completed:
Also, note that there is a “no.” field. This allows you to record a reference number, such as the bank statement number. This will allow for easy grouping of payments.
The transaction will be added to the table below: Notice that the left column; “Nr”, has a number listed, this overview is currently showing all the transactions that have been listed under the number 31.
- The Balance Cash/Bank feature explained
- How do I book a receipt or invoice through Balances Cash/Bank? (coming soon)
- How do I book a transfer through Balances Cash/Bank? (coming soon)