A Pet Health Plan (PHP) is similar to a subscription that you have at the gym. With a Pet Health Plan you collect a monthly fee from a pet owner which covers certain services and products in your veterinary practice, as defined in the subscription. This article will explain how you can invoice a client for a Pet Health Plan subscription.
Before you start
- You need permission to be able to create PHP invoices. Permissions can be adjusted by practice administrators in > General Settings > Role Management.
- You need to have added a subscription to each PHP patient.
- If you wish, to help distinguish Health Plan clients from others, you can create a special invoice type – allowing you to create monthly invoices just for your Health Plan clients.
See the Related articles section for more information.
- Go to > Financial > Monthly accounts > Subscriptions.
- Click on the Invoice subscriptions button at the top.
Note: by clicking the button, you will add the health plan subscription product and fee as an un-invoiced item to ALL the patients in the list. The date at the top (“19/11/2018” in the screenshot above), will be the date of the invoice line of the health plan subscription product.After clicking, checkmarks are added to indicate that the subscription product has been added to the patient file. The numbers 1 to 12 reflect the months of the year.
Now that the PHP subscription product has been added as an un-invoiced item you can proceed with invoicing.
- Go to > Financial > Monthly accounts > Monthly accounts.
- Click on at the bottom of the list to generate a new batch of monthly invoices.
- Select the invoice type to be invoiced. If you have created a special invoice type for Health Plans, select it here.
- Select the appropriate invoice date. By default, the last date of the previous month is selected. This date will be added as the invoice date on the invoice.
- Select the year and month to be invoiced.
Note: Every invoice item until the end of the selected period will be invoiced (previously added un-invoiced items will also be invoiced).
- If desired, you can enter a note. This note will not be printed on the invoice. Notes will be visible to users in the client file.
- Select which type of clients you wish to invoice. For PHP clients this will usually be the option “create invoices for none monthly account holders only”.
- Click Generate Monthly Invoices.
When the monthly invoices have been generated you can print the invoices by clicking on the next to the batch.