Sometimes a payment is accidentally linked to the wrong invoice. This article tells you how to correct a direct payment that is linked to the wrong invoice.
Should you need to correct a bank payment, please read this article: How do I correct a bank payment?.
Before you start
As an example, we will discuss how to correct the payment when it has been linked to the wrong invoice belonging to the same client.
- Go to the client file.
- Click the invoice that you have incorrectly set a payment against. In this example, that is S-2022-0096.
- Click the tab Payments.
- Click the trash icon behind the payment to delete it.
- Click OK when asked to confirm.
The payment has now been deleted from the invoice it was accidentally linked to. Now we have to link the payment to the correct invoice.
- Click the Client File tab.
- Click the invoice that was actually paid.
- Scroll down and click Payment.
- Select the correct invoice from the list of open invoices for this client by ticking the corresponding box.
- Click the correct payment option at the right.
- Check that the date of the payment and your name as “accepted by” is correct. Adjust when needed.
- Click Finish.