On this page, you’ll find all our help resources regarding how to take payments in Animana.
Important changes to the way you process customer payments (Summer 2022)
The Animana team is currently working on making customer payments in Animana quicker and easier, and we want to share some important information so you can be ready for the changes.
Here’s a preview of some of the changes:
The new interface combines the ‘payment type’ selection screen, and the main payment screen, into one simpler screen, saving you time and clicks.
You can now send multiple invoices in one email
At last – no more manual sending from the client file! You can now select one or multiple invoices to attach to a single email. Just select the appropriate invoices, and click the Invoice button.
More on-page help and feedback
Payment notes and descriptions
If a description is entered when a payment is made, it will continue to be shown in the client file, attached to the “payment” entry. However, if “No payment” is selected and a description is entered, the description text will show in the client file as a note prefixed with “No payment”, so it’s clear that the customer has not yet paid.
More details on invoices
You can now expand invoice rows to see exactly what products and services are included in the invoice – no more going back and forth to verify what contains what!
Any historical payments made against individual invoices are now clearly shown in the invoice details table.
Better visibility of the “Round and Book” functionality
We’ve improved our round and book feature. When selected, the “Paid Now” amount will automatically be rounded to the nearest 5p. If you enter a manual amount which is more than 50p different from the “Paid now” amount, the difference will be shown in red. When ticked, all differences will be booked to a special ledger for payment differences.
Invoices are shown in date order and are selected by default
By popular demand, when entering the payment screen, outstanding invoices will be shown in date order (newest first), and all will be selected by default.
The active invoice – for example, the one you clicked to get to the payment page, will also be shown in bold.
We advise that you read through the content below regarding these changes.
Help with payments
Instructional videos on payments
Creating a new payment
- How do I invoice uninvoiced products?
- How do I create an invoice?
- How do I process a pre-payment?
- How do I allocate insurance payments?
- How do I process payments while creating an invoice?
- How do I process payments on existing invoices?
- How do I process a payment against an existing credit or pre-payment?
Amending or refunding a payment
- How do I correct a payment?
- How do I correct a payment set against the wrong invoice?
- How do I correct a bank payment?
- How do I perform a credit on an existing invoice?
- How do I clear bad debtors by crediting an invoice?
Reporting on payments
- How do I create a Cash and Payment Differences report?
- How do I create a report which shows me all the payments I have received?
- How do I see which user processed a payment?
Get more help
We’re sorry you couldn’t find the answer you’re looking for. We recommend you contact our Customer Support team.