In Animana you are able to create a Financial Statement which provides a detailed list of invoices and payments for a given period. Read through these instructions to learn how to create a single statement for a single client.
Before you start
- Open any Client File.
- Click on the Statement button.
- At the top of this page you will have the ability to change the “Date Range”. Select a date range of invoice you wish to display.
By default, you will be presented with a screen displaying a list covering the past 90 days, with Aggregate Payment selected. To learn more about aggregated payments please click here.
- Once you have selected the appropriate date range, verify the information displayed.
- If you are satisfied with the information shown, click on Create to proceed:
- You will be directed to the “Client File” page where a Statement line has been added:
The “statement date” mentioned in the statement line refers to the date of the statement, not the created date.
- In order to open the Statement, click on the icon.
- The statement shows a chronological list of all invoices raised and payments made against each invoice, alongside a “Running Total”. The “Balance carried forward” is the amount that the client owed as of the end date you selected for the statement.
More about this
How do Aggregated Payments work?
Here is a brief look into the usage of the “Aggregate Payments” option.
In this example, the client was invoiced an amount of £45.40, and the client decided to pay in two instalments; they paid £20.00 first, and then £24.50, which means the invoice was paid completely.
When the Aggregate Payments box is ticked, all the payments related to the invoice will be summarised and shown on one line.
When the Aggregate Payments box is NOT ticked, all payments related to the invoice are shown as separate lines. The associated invoice number against each payment is useful when a single payment has been used to pay multiple invoices.
How do I email and print the statement from the client file?
- After a statement has been created, it will be available as a row in the client file.
- By clicking on the email, preview or print icon, you can send, view or print the statement.