This article describes how to create a pre-payment or credit value in a customer’s account. This is typically needed when you process payments upfront for services and products that will be added to a patient later on.
Before you start
- Open the client file.
- Click the button Product.
- Search and add the product you created, “Pre-Payment”.
- Check that “quantity”= 1.0 and “price”=0.0.
- Click Add.
- Then scroll down and click Preview Invoice.
- At the top, click Create Invoice.
- You will be brought to the “Sales invoice default” screen. Click the tab Payments.
- Click .
- Check that (only) the bold invoice is selected and enter the pre-payed amount in the field “paid now”. In this example £ 400,-.
- On the right-hand side, choose the payment option the client used (e.g. cash or card).
- Click Finish at the bottom.
You will return to the client file. You will now see the pre-payment/credit in green in the client box on the left. The total outstanding amount of this client has been updated and because this client does not have any unpaid invoices, the full £ 400,- is shown in green. You can also see that the sales invoice is depicted in green.
You are now ready take future product/services invoices off this credit amount. For more information, see the related articles below.