Sometimes patients have a caretaker – someone other than the owner who takes care of the animal. Animana has developed a special functionality for this. This article will explain how you can mark a client as a caretaker and what this does.
Example: The client Joe Harrison has a horse, named May. The caretaker for this horse is Erin Simpson.
- Add the owner (Joe Harrison) and the patient (horse May) in Animana.
- Add the caretaker (Erin Simpson) in Animana. Mark the caretaker as a monthly account-holder in the Financial tab as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click Save.
- Open the Patient Data tab of the patient, horse May.
- On the right side, you can select the caretaker from the drop-down menu.
Tip: Are you unable to find the caretaker in this drop-down menu? Make sure you have marked the caretaker as a monthly account-holder and have saved the changes (see step 2 above).
- Click Save.
More about this
How can I tell if a patient has a caretaker or not?
Once a patient has a caretaker, the following will happen:
- The patient file will now be accessible from both the owner and the caretaker. The system will automatically synchronise the patient file.
- When accessed via the owner, the caretaker will be mentioned in the Animals tab next to the name of the patient:
When accessed via the owner, the caretaker will be shown at the top in the Patient File:
- When accessed via the caretaker, the owner will be shown on the Animals tab:
- When accessed via the caretaker, the owner will be shown at the top in the Patient File:
Good to know: Invoices will automatically be sent to the owner, not the caretaker.
Is it possible to see an overview of caretakers in the system?
Provided you have permission, you can access the list of caretakers, patients and their owners via > Financial > Monthly Accounts > Monthly Overview Caretakers.
Because caretakers do not receive an invoice, this menu can be used to generate an overview. This overview shows the date, quantity, product name, price (per product) and total amount per invoice line. It does not show the total amount or any discounts that apply.