When you sell a product or a service to your clients you will need to create an invoice for them so you can collect a payment, this article explains the invoice creation process.
Add a product and create an invoice
When you sell a product or a service, it’s best practice to record the sale against a patient file (not the client file). If a client has multiple patients, it is important that you are able to see which patient received a particular service or product.
- Search for the patient and open the corresponding Patient File.
- At the top, click the Product button to add a product or service.
- Search for the product and/or service that you want to charge in the search box on the left.
- Select the desired product from the results on the left-hand side and complete the required fields on the right. By default, the quantity will be one.
- Click the Add button at the bottom.
Repeat adding products/services until you have added all the items that you want.
- Scroll down and click the Preview Invoice button.
- You will be taken to the Uninvoiced tab. Double check that all items are listed correctly, then click Create invoice.
You have now created an invoice.
In the Uninvoiced tab you can optionally add a description and a note for the debtors list at the top.
- The Description will appear on the invoice for the client to see.
- The Note for the debtors list is for internal use and will show in the Client file and in the Notes column on the Debtors page. The client will not see this note.
Add a product before finalising an invoice
Sometimes, just before creating an invoice you realise that you forgot to add a product. In that case, you can add products from the Uninvoiced tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and in the Add Product box you can add products to this invoice before you create it.
- Select whether you want to add products to the owner or to one of the patients (we advise to add products to patients) by using the drop down menu, then click Add Product.
- You will then be taken to the Patient File of this patient where you can continue to add extra products.
Excluding/deleting products in the Uninvoiced tab
Before creating the invoice if you see products or services listed which you do not want to include in the invoice, you can choose to either exclude or delete these:
- From the Uninvoiced tab, identify the rows you wish to exclude or delete
- To exclude the item from this invoice (but leave it there to include it in an invoice at a later stage), simply uncheck the box in front of the item you want to exclude from this invoice.
- To delete the item from any future invoices, clicking the red trash icon on the corresponding item row
- Click on Create Invoice when you have made your final adjustments.