Depending on whether or not you allow it, clients can pay their invoices via a bank transfer. The moment the transaction is complete and the amount has been added to your bank account, you can process it in Animana manually. This article explains how to manually process bank payments in Animana.
Before you start
- Go to > Financial > Balance Cash / Bank.
- At the top, click the book year you want to add this transaction to.
- Scroll down to the bank book you want to add the transaction to, then click Add New Transaction behind it.
- Enter your search criteria in the fields “client name” and / or “invoice number” on the left.
- Click Search.
- In the middle of the screen, you now see an overview of the invoices that match your search criteria. Click the blue arrow to the right of the invoice for which you are processing the payment.
- On the right-hand side, you can now enter the payment details for this invoice. Ensure that the date entered in the field “paid on” is the same as the payment date on the bank statement.
- The open amount of the selected invoice (now depicted in the list as bold and with a checkmark behind it) will be automatically filled in the “amount” field. Always double-check the paid amount versus the amount that Animana shows in the amount field.
- Enter the number of the bank statement in the box “No.”. This field is mandatory.
- Enter an additional “payment description” if required.
- Make sure your name is entered under “Accepted by”.
- Click Save.
After saving you will stay on the same page and you can see that the payment has been processed because it is listed at the bottom of the page along with any other payments from that same bank statement.
It is possible to navigate away from this page even if the bank statement has not yet been fully processed.
More about this
How do I process payments that are not the exact invoice amount?
Should the client have transferred more than the invoice amount, you can enter the received amount in the box “Amount” and then check the box “Book difference” at the bottom. This will complete the invoice as fully paid and not leave a credit.
Should you want to leave the credit, then enter the amount but do not check the box “Book difference”.
Should the client make a partial payment and transfer less than the remaining invoice amount, enter the amount received in the box “Amount” and make sure that you do not check the box “Book difference”. This will leave an open amount on this client’s record.
Should the client make a payment that is less than the remaining invoice amount but the difference is only a few cents and you do not wish to follow up on this, you can check the box “Book difference” before clicking Save. This will make sure that the invoice is marked as fully paid and this client will not pop up in the debtors list with only a few cents left on the invoice.
When you tick the box “Book difference” amounts will be registered on ledger 4700 (Payment Differences).
Description of bank payments
You can add a description to a bank payment while processing it. You can enter this information in the field “Payment description”.
This description will be shown in the bank statement overview at the bottom of the screen.
Also, it will show on the “Payment Update” screen (Client file > open invoice by clicking on it > Payments tab).