When you have received a partial payment from the insurance company after sending a claim, you first process that partial payment in the system. If you have not done that yet, read How do I allocate insurance payments? first. Once you’ve processed the partial insurance payment you will need to update the client record because the claimed invoice has a full payment booked on it, whereas it has only been partially refunded. The outstanding amount needs to be paid by the client, so this article will explain how to update the already processed invoice to reflect that outstanding amount.
Before you start
- Go to > Financial > Balance Cash/Bank > Insurance Claims > Grouped Per Bank Statement.
- Following our example above, click CL-2021-0001.
- In the Insurance claim statement, click Add New Payment.
- Tick the box “Show also paid invoices for year”.
- Select the year in which the related invoice was created.
- Fill field “Search” with the (full or partial) related invoice number.
- Select invoice S-2020-0142.
- On the right-hand side fill out field “Paid on”: 09-02-2020.
- Fill out field “Amount”: -5.84
- Fill out field “No”: CL-2021-0001.
- Fill out field “Payment description”: Claim amount rejected
- Click Save.
Your suspense account for this insurance claim now balances.
Your invoice in the client file now shows in red, indicating the balance due by the client on this invoice.
- How do I add a new transaction through Balances Cash/Bank?
- How do I add ledgers to my ledger scheme?
- How do I process bank payments?
- How do I view all Pet insurance claims?
- How do I create an e-Claim?
- How do I allocate insurance payments?
- How do I book a preliminary payment on suspense account Insurance Claims?
- How do I exclude an invoice from debtors?