Merge codes are small pieces of text that can be used to recall data such as client and patient information. This will help to personalise your content.
Before you start
You need to have permissions to use the Content Designer. If you do not have the appropriate permissions, please contact your practices administrator to obtain the permission, or if you are the administrator, make sure to assign the correct role to your account. More information about role management can be found here.
- Go to > General Settings > Content Designer.
- Open a letter, email, label or text message.
- On the right side of the text section a list is visible with all the available merge codes:
Note that the merge codes are not visible when you are editing the content in the maximised window; un-maximise before adding the codes.
- Click in the text where you want to add the merge code.
- Click once on the merge code on the right, and it will be transferred to automatically to the text on the left.
- Scroll down and click Save.
When the letter/email is created, you will see that the merge codes are automatically populated with the information from the respective client/patient:
- Learning Path: Content Designer
- How do I add a letter or email (template)?
- How do I add images to my letters and emails?
- How do I add tables to my letters and emails?
- How do I get rid of excess whitespace my letters and email?
- How do I add an easy unsubscribe method to my email?
- How do I exclude clients from receiving marketing related messages?